Family Transition Workshop
Welcome to the University and Parent & Family Programs!
Parent & Family Programs serves as a home for you, offering support, resources and events that will enhance you and your student's experience. Whether you are a first year family member or your student is a senior, we are excited to serve you and have a variety of programs that will hopefully meet your families' needs.
We know how overwhelming the transition to the University of Arkansas can be not only
for students, but for parents and family members as well. With the shift to virtual
orientation we still believe it is important that parents and family members receive
the same information and support that is provided during in-person orientation.
In an effort to emulate an orientation experience for parents and families, Parent & Family Programs has created Family Transition Workshops. The information below provides valuable insight into campus involvement, university housing, as well as tips to better support your student during their transition to the University of Arkansas. We have also included a recording of our virtual town hall that addresses the questions and concerns you may have about returning to campus this fall.
We are hosting live Q&A's with the NSFP staff and student leaders. Click here to sign up!
- Born Gifted (Nisan Trotter): Revealing their unique gifts and talents to accelerate excellence
- Campus Involvement (Dan Faill): Strategies for meaningful engagement in fulfilling activities
- Eating Healthy in College (Talia Pollock): Empowering students to reach their highest potential through eating healthy
- Grit (Saul Flores): Navigating difficult times to achieve their personal best
- Sex & Consent (Dr. Lori Bednarchik): Direct and authentic conversations about sex and consent
- Taking Care of Your Mental Health (Lauren Cook): Maintaining positive mental health in college and beyond
- The Power of Inclusion (Chevara Orrin): Leaning into, and learning from inclusion
- Alcohol & Other Drugs (Bobby Gordon): An honest conversation about alcohol and other drugs
- Dating and Relationships in College (Rachel DeAlto): Habits and strategies for building authentic connections and meaningful relationships
- Bystander Intervention (Tim Mousseau): Helping students understand sexual violence and empowering efforts to combat it
- Civic Engagement (Samantha Ramirez-Herrera): Empowering students to engage civically
- Leadership and Achieving Goals (Alex Weber): Inspiring a game plan to establish personal goals to achieve dreams
Q&A with New Student & Family Programs StaffAre there still a few things that you have questions about? Take this time to chat with staff members from New Student & Family Programs about the University of Arkansas.
- Friday, August 7, 2020 @ 12:00 Noon CST
- Monday, August 10, 2020 @ 12:00 Noon CST
- Friday, August 14, 2020 @ 12:00 Noon CST
Q&A with Student Panel of Parent & Family AmbassadorsHear from Parent & Family Ambassadors as they share their experiences at the University of Arkansas during this live Q&A panel.
- Friday, August 7, 2020 @ 6:00 PM CST
- Monday, August 10, 2020 @ 6:00 PM CST
- Friday, August 14, 2020 @ 6:00 PM CST
If you have additonal questions please feel free to contact us at email@example.com or (479)575-5002.