COVID-19 (coronavirus) Updates
Parent & Family Member
(as of 5/05/2020 at 10:00 AM)
Is the University closed?
Due to the emergency caused by this outbreak, the University is reducing campus operations and non-essential personnel will shift to working remotely.
However, the board has approved a resolution to have on-campus classes in the fall.
Multiple contingency plans will be in place and those plans will be adjusted as needed
to keep our campus safe.
What symptoms should I be worried about?
If your student shows symptoms of coughing, fever, difficulty breathing, muscle and body aches - encourage them to contact the Health Center. Pat Walker Health Center is has implemented temporary operational changes to help protect the health of patients and staff:
- No walk-in appointments or online appointment scheduling
- All appointments must be scheduled by phone: 479-575-4451
- Only one entrance (West entrance – parking lot)
- External temperature checks required for all before entry
- Evening & Saturday clinic hours suspended
- After-hours COVID-19 screening, testing, care or questions should be directed to Washington Regional Medical Center: 479-463-2055.
- Pat Walker Health Center’s Counseling & Psychological Services (CAPS) has transitioned all its mental health services online. Call 479-575-5276 for tele-mental health services.
Will there be a refund on housing and dining costs?
The University of Arkansas System Board of Trustees voted to allow universities in the University of Arkansas System, who are able to do so, to defray the cost of any unused room and board that students lost due to the coronavirus-related move to teaching and learning remotely.
The University of Arkansas, Fayetteville will credit our returning students for room and board costs lost after Friday, April 3, the deadline for moving out of university-managed housing. The credits will be issued after Wednesday, July 1 and can be utilized toward a student’s general account during the upcoming academic year.
If you have any additional credit-related questions please click here for more information.
How will my student do their course work? Will this affect my students grades?
Students will be able to access their course work online per instructions from their instructors. All course work will be moved online starting Monday, March 16, 2020. The University of Arkansas has adopted changes to its grading policy for spring and summer 2020 that adds “Pass/Pass D/No Credit” grading options to the current letter grade options (on a course by course basis). For more information on the grading policy change please click here.
For the remainder of the semester, the Center for Learning and Student Success (CLASS+) will provide tutoring, writing support and academic coaching through online chat and by appointment via the CLASS+ website. CLASS+ will also provide supplemental instruction through Blackboard Collaborate.
Advising accommodations are being developed, and colleges and offices are communicating directly to their students regarding alternative advising methods. If students have additional questions, it is recommended they contact their advisor.
Will Summer School sessions be on-campus?
All classes shifted to remote, online format March 16 and continue in online format through Summer Session II ending August 3. Fees for all Summer sessions have been reduced by more than $27 per credit hour to reflect the current remote learning environment. Facilities, activities and transit fees were eliminated for all Summer session classes and other fees were reduced.
Departments have developed learning solutions to ensure students have the access and instruction needed to meet all requirements for lab classes. Please contact your instructor for specific information.
How will my student take their finals?
There will be no in-person finals for the spring semester. All finals will be online. Specifics of each final will be left up to the discretion of the instructor.
Will they have access to laptops or computers for online classes?
The Arkansas Union Tech Spot Lab is open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Equipment checkouts are available in the Team Room. The IT Help Desk will continue to offer assistance by phone, email and chat. In-person assistance will be unavailable starting at 5 p.m. March 20.
Are U of A events closed?
All on-site campus events are canceled until further notice.
Will graduation be cancelled?
Students who originally hoped to walk at the 2020 Spring Commencement before it was postponed due to the COVID-19 crisis, now have the option to attend Fall Commencement ceremonies instead.
Spring graduates are invited to participate in a combined graduation weekend in conjunction with the fall graduation set for Saturday, Dec. 19, 2020.
A message will go to the student's university email account and will be posted on the University of Arkansas Graduation app, which can be downloaded on Google Play or Apple devices. Students will be asked to respond regarding their plans to attend. For more information click here.
What will move-in be like for August 2020?
University Housing is taking multiple steps to make yours and your students experience on campus as safe and exciting as possible when you arrive in August.
Here are things being done to prepare for the return to campus:
- Additional move-in dates and times with decreased volume of students and parents at each arrival timeslot
- Conducting enhanced disinfection of the many high-touch areas within our facilities like door handles, knobs, buttons, switches, handrails, tables, etc
- Continuing our cleaning, sanitizing and disinfection process as directed by the Centers for Disease Control, which includes additional “fogging” of bathrooms
- Evaluation of all residential programming to limit group sizes while encouraging and building strong communities
- Partnerships with campus offices to continue important messaging about social distancing and current health protocols
- Modified serving stations, installation of sneeze guards, contactless ordering where feasible, additional portable handwash stations in dining facilities
Where can I find more information?
Detailed and up-to-date information can be found on the websites below:
If you have any questions, please contact Parent & Family Programs at email@example.com or 479-575-5002.